From now through September 28, 2011 active or retired military personnel can purchase Disney World Military Promotional tickets. The program is being called Disney’s Military Salute and the depending on which tickets you purchase; the discount can exceed 50% off standard DW ticket prices. Tickets must be activated by October 1, 2011.
See below for a summary of the different ticket options available. There is a limit of 6 tickets per military personnel/ID.
– Walt Disney World 4 Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $138 each
– Walt Disney World 4 Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Park Fun and More Option for $138 each
– Walt Disney World 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More Options for $165 each
– Also available are $99 Disneyland Military Promotional Tickets good for 3 days at both Disneyland theme parks.
Save on sales tax by purchasing these tickets on base or at the Shades of Green Resort.
Full Terms and Conditions
– Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased Oct. 24, 2010 to Sept. 28, 2011 at Shades of Green ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
– “Eligible Service Members” are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
– Shades of Green will require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
– Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to activate those Tickets at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows, no later than Oct. 1, 2011, in order for those Tickets to be used. Valid military identification will be required.
– No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person’s spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time. Accordingly, no Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person’s spouse) previously purchased Disney Military Promotional Tickets (whether at that same military sales outlet or at any other military sales outlet or at any other place). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
– Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort will not be valid unless and until activated (no later than Oct. 1, 2011).
– Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be used ONLY by the Eligible Service Members, spouses, other family members or friends for whom they are purchased. In addition, a valid military ID may be required for admission.
– Disney Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) expire and may not be used after Oct. 1, 2011. In addition, Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) for the Walt Disney World Resort may not be used on the following blackout dates: Dec. 27, 2010 through Dec. 31, 2010 and April 17, 2011 through April 23, 2011, at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks and other gated attractions; and July 4, 2011 at Magic Kingdom Park.
25 thoughts on “Disney World 2011 Military Discounts”
I want to provide the money for my sister, her military husband and their 3 children, and perhaps one grandmother or her sister and brother to go to Disneyworld in March of 2011 before his next deployment. I understand that they will have to purchase the tickets but I’m trying to estimate (and get the best value) for this trip. Your military salute program is a Godsend. That helps my budget considerably. Now I need to find accommodation and dining options. Can you give me suggestions for options in the park that would be good value-and dining options that might include being in a family suite with kitchens as well as on sight Disney options?
I think the best place is to call the Shades of Green reservation line. The phone number is (888) 593-2242. You will likely get the best deal on accommodations and dining through them…although I am not sure how many non-military guests can qualify for their special offers. Either way you are sure to get helpful answers to your questions.
Best of Luck!
I have a question I am trying to purchase tickets like the ones listed for the promotion. But we won’t be attending Disney World until after the Oct. 1st deadline due to me being in Afghanistan until mid October. What can I do to receive a deal similar to the one being offered. Hard to take advantage of the offer while currently deployed.
I have the same problem as Zack above. I am deployed and will not be home till after the deadline in mid October. I will only be home for two weeks before heading back to Afghanistan fo another six months. What can I do to receive a deal similar to the one being offered? I would really like to take my family on vacation here but wont be able to afford it full price.
My husband is in Afghanistan how and were can I buy the tickets
The Shades of Green discount is only available for DW. Check the Disneyland website for any available discount for military families.
I want to take my family to Disney World and stay at one of the Disney World resorts. My grandchildren will be with us ages 6,2,1.
i was given the $99.00 discounted tickets, but unfortunately my cousin will not be able to join us, he is in the military am i still be able to use the tickets???
I don’t think so. I believe you need to show a military id to redeem the tickets at the gate.
My husband and I are going to Disney World with my daughter and her husband and granddaugther for the child’s birthday. We are going the first of October, 2011. My father is retired Air National Guard. Could he get tickets for us to use on this trip?
I will be purchasing the tickets with all of the oprions – can I use the water park for 4 days in addition to the parks?
We bought tickets last year before we knew what exact days we were going, and found out later that it was during the blackout WEEK in April! Do the military personal have to go into the park or just show ID at the gate? Otherwise we have 6 tickets we can’t sell!
Hello, I am curious. My dad is retired from the air force and wants to purchase tickets for me to go to disneyworld. I have a valid military ID its just expired. I am now 26 and am not able to renew. Will this count at the gate to activated the tickets?
My family is very thankful for the generous military discount on admission tickets. I would like a clarification about the purchase of these tickets, and I have gotton several different responses. My family will be visiting Disneyworld in August. If I only need 4 discounted tickets, am I required to use one of them. I have already purchased tickets for my wife and I beyond 4 days through Disney Travel. I understand I would be required to use one of the purchased tickets had I purchased 6 tickets. Do the same rules apply for the purchase of 4 discount tickets? I am retired military with proper ID, and I will be present to activate these discounted tickets which I plan on purchasing at a military base. Thanks
Are there anymore requirements other than a military id(retired or active)?
We schedules our trip to Disney World for Thanksgiving week…are there going to be any other promotions after the October 1st deadline?
We would like to buy a two day park hopper for our family can we still get a discount for just a two day pass
The Air and Army National Guard scheduled an IT conference Oct 30-Nov. 4th 2011 at the Coronado Springs resort. I’d like to bring my family but I am not looking forward to paying full price for tickets. Will there be any kind of discount for military members after Oct. 1st?
Here are the complete terms for the special Military discount…
I am looking for a single day pass discount to use sometime between 12/27-12/30.
My husband is currently deployed and I am taking my daughter to disneyland for her birthday do they do anything special for kids of deployed parents?
WELL I AM PLANNING TO TAKE MY FAMILY TO DISNEY WORLD DEC 31 2012 TO JAN 3 2013 AND MY SON AND BROTHER RETURNED FROM DEPLOYMENTS PAST 1-2 YRS AND I AM A DOD EMPLOYEE OF 6YRS YET THE DISCOUNT FOR TICKETS END SEPT 2012 SO HOW CAN I GET THIS EXTENDED OR PURCHASE AND STILL USE FOR OUR VACATION. Y BROTHER AND HIS FAMILY PCS TO GERMANY LAST YR AND MY SON IS IN TX WITH ME EFFECTIVE HE PCS IN JULY 2012, SO THIS WILL BE THE ONLY TIME TO GET ALL OF MY FAMILY TOGETHER AND TAKE THEM HERE AND I WOULD LIKE BE ABLE TO HAVE THESE SAME SALUTE PRICES TO THE SOLDIERS IN MY LIFE.
LOVING MOTHER AND SISTER
SALUTES TO ALL MY ACTIVE,RETIRED AND FALLEN SOLDIERS!!!
The discounts for 2012 can be found on this page >> http://disneyvacationspecials.com/2012-disney-world-military-discounts
I just ha a question cause I have been searching everywhere for an answer! My husband is retired Army, but his military ID is expired, would he still be able to buy discounted tickets at the nearest military base?
Unfortunately I don’t know how rules regarding expired id’s. Can you call the base before driving out there?
Good Luck – Geoff